July 26th, 2012 by Kristi Stephens
I knew going into the Gospel Coalition Women’s Conference that I just would not be able to digest it all. How much meat can you eat in one sitting?
And this, my friends, was meat. No fluffy talks here – the speakers dove into the Word and served up meaty truth, time and time again.
I was thrilled when they announced that the audio from all of the sessions would be available online – both because I knew many of you would want to listen, and also because I knew I would have to go back and listen to the sessions again in order to more fully process everything that was shared that weekend!
Yesterday I noticed that the audio is now available online (in English, Mandarin Chinese, and French!). So, here are the top five sessions I want to hear again – the sessions that took up the most space in my completely filled legal pad!
1. Tim Keller’s plenary – “On the Mountain: The Terrifying and Beckoning God.” Such a wealth of truth and insights in this session! God “doesn’t come just in fire, but in cloud – He is shrouding His glory, to grace them with His presence even though His holiness would destroy them.”
2. Paige Brown’s plenary- “In the Temple: The Glorious and Forgiving God” – she talked so fast (you’ve been warned!) and packed so much into this one session I think you could take it and turn it into an 8 or 10 week Bible study! Fantastic. I don’t just want to hear it again – I need to in order to catch more of what she shared!
3. Kathleen Nielson’s plenary – “Through the Open Door: The Transcendent and Redeeming God.” Beautiful and profound look at Revelation 4-5.
4. Don Carson’s plenary – “Home at Last: The Spectacular God at the Center.” I have no words to even describe how much I loved this session. God shrouded His glory and presence in the Old Testament, and even the seraphim had to cover their faces in Isaiah, but we are told in Revelation that we will see His face. Amen and amen!
5. Mary Willson’s workshop – “The Sabbath: A Biblical Theological Approach.” I loved this workshop and the way Mary traced the theme of Sabbath through the Scriptures! I left the room and immediately texted NP, “This conference is amazing. And also, I want to go to seminary right now.”
There are just a few of my favorites. But honestly, the whole thing was amazing! I hope you are able to spend some time listening to some of these sessions – you will be blessed!